Swansea Valley Physiotherapy Practice was established in 1992 to provide experienced, professional and effective treatment of musculo-skeletal problems.
The practice is located at 23 High St., Pontardawe, Swansea, SA8 4HU. This facility provides expert assessment and treatment in the privacy of your own fully equipped, soundproofed treatment area.
Jonathan Hopkins is an experienced physiotherapist, having trained at Cardiff School of Physiotherapy from 1980 - 1983. He is a member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (MCSP) and a Registered Member of the Health and Care Professions Council (H.C.P.C.).
- Senior Physiotherapist, Westminster Hospital, London
- Theracare Community Physiotherapy, Ontario, Canada
- Senior Physiotherapist, Neath General Hospital 1991 - 2002
- Chartered Physiotherapist to Neath Rugby Football Club 1992 - 1995
Jonathan passed the McKenzie Institute's International Credentialling Examination in 1997 consequently he has a keen interest in the treatment of spinal pain.
Jonathan is also a member of the following specialist interest groups within the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy:
- Association of Chartered Physiotherapist's in Sports Medicine (ACPSM)
- Physiofirst (formerly OCPPP, Organisation of Chartered Physiotherapists in Private Practice).
Jonathan remains actively involved in sport and has swum competitively most his life, winning titles at both British and ASA Masters Championships. As an injured sportsman/woman, expect a sympathetic hearing!